Victim and Witness Services
3.6 Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
If you are a victim of a contact crime, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation. The Ontario Criminal
Injuries Compensation Board awards money to victims of violent crimes. Briefly, you can apply for financial
compensation if you sustained:
Where adequate proof exists, the Board may award compensation for the following:
- An injury caused by a crime of violence such as assault, murder, sexual assault, and child abuse.
- An injury caused while trying to stop or legally arrest someone who was committing or about to commit a crime
against another person or their property.
- Psychological injuries related to the crime of violence.
For more information or to apply for financial compensation, visit the
Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
- Treatment - Medical, Dental and/or Therapy Expenses
- Funeral and Burial Expenses/li>
- Legal representation and costs
- Travel Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Income Loss
- Loss of Support
Step 3.7 Child Victim-Witness Support Program (CVWSP)
- Seek Immediate Medical and Police Aid
- Your Involvement with the Police
- Seek Advice and Ongoing Assistance
3.1 Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP)
3.2 Victim Support Line (VSL)
3.3 Sexual Assault / Rape
Crisis Centers (SAC)
3.4 Interval House
3.5 Emergency Legal Advice
3.7 Child Witnesses
- Information About the Criminal Justice System
- Making Your Views Known
- Going to Court
- The trial is finished, now what?
- The offender has become eligible for parole. What can I do?
CRIME STOPPER TIPS
FRAUDS AND SCAMS